Traffic signal monitoring
Traffic signals in tunnels are essential to influence the traffic in case of danger or incidents. The states of traffic signals have to be monitored to ensure tunnel safety.
Traffic signals in a tunnel are controlled by the tunnel control system which is connected to the traffic signal controller via common PLC inputs and outputs. The traffic signal controller switches the traffic signal states (red, yellow, green) according to commands from the tunnel control system and reports back the actual operational state of the traffic signal.
In case of defects (open circuit, defective lamp) an error is indicated. Illegal operational states (e.g. red and green) are avoided, in such cases the traffic signal shows flashing yellow.
Request a quote
t/SIG Traffic signal controller
- Controlling and monitoring of traffic signals through PLC
- Monitoring of LED modules when switched on
- Monitoring of conventional lamps when switched on and switched off
- Monitoring for open circuit
- Avoidance of illegal traffic signal states
- Support of night dimming
- Operation and fault indication for every signal (red, yellow, green) and sum fault indication by digital outputs
- Versions for 1-, 2- or 3-state traffic signals available
- Visible LEDs in the front panel to indicate the signal states
- Traffic light controller as 19-inch slide-in 3 HE, 8 TE
- PCB as eurocard
(acc. DIN 41494, Teil 2)
- Pluggable into multipoint connector DIN 41612 H7/F24